A brave and honest message

The story of Giovanni Cipriano is a heartbreaking one. Giovanni,a young boy just starting highschool, mistakenly ingested peanuts and went into Anaphylactic shock. Sadly, after several weeks of being in a coma, Giovanni passed away on October 18, 2013. Giovanni’s heartbroken parents have come forward after this tragedy to urge other parents of children with food allergies to have a food allergy action plan. I commend the Cipriano’s for their bravery and honesty in coming forward with this message. Watch the video and if you are the parent of a child with food allergies take this message to heart. Create a plan, find an allergist you trust, educate yourself, your family and your child, and advocate for their safety whenever necessary.

Watch the video here. You can also visit Giovanni’s GoFundMe page.

Advertisements