The story of Giovanni Cipriano is a heartbreaking one. Giovanni,a young boy just starting highschool, mistakenly ingested peanuts and went into Anaphylactic shock. Sadly, after several weeks of being in a coma, Giovanni passed away on October 18, 2013. Giovanni’s heartbroken parents have come forward after this tragedy to urge other parents of children with food allergies to have a food allergy action plan. I commend the Cipriano’s for their bravery and honesty in coming forward with this message. Watch the video and if you are the parent of a child with food allergies take this message to heart. Create a plan, find an allergist you trust, educate yourself, your family and your child, and advocate for their safety whenever necessary.